The Emergency Co-ordinator is the overall co-ordinator of all safety marshals.
They are responsible for:
- Obtaining and posting emergency signage and drawing up of a floor plan and route evacuation map for the event.
- Overseeing the development, communication, implementation, and maintenance, and implementing of the overall Emergency evacuation plan (EEP).
- Ensuring the dissemination of the plan via announcement, of the plan to the spectators, as well as the procedures. Checking up on safety personnel, and notifying all personnel of changes to the plan, or infringements.
- Maintaining up to date lists of emergency contact numbers, critical operations personnel, and any other personnel with assigned duties under this plan. Lists must be supplied in Appendix to the plan, of responsible people and contacts.
- In the event of a fire or other emergency, relaying applicable information to emergency personnel, the JOC and Public Safety officials.
- Establishing, demarcation and safeguarding of designated evacuation sites, and landing zones for helicopters, and emergency vehicles, for evacuees.