These quotes are my own, you may use them free without any further permission, just make sure to give credit where it is due, or have a mention, or link back here please; The Author Reinier Geel.
1. People in general won’t go over to action, until they have: identified, quantified, and qualified their motivation.
2. Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, hard to get out of…habits form rituals, that impact on our global corporate culture
3. Activities of mind, are most strongly driven by personal motive; what we want and our sense of self centered fulfillment always comes first, seldom do reason, choice change, enter prior these primitive thoughts.
4. If social reforms are based only on a sense of freedom; equality, and justice. Then conflicting notions of how to be equal, and just, will render the approach useless and it then becomes a strategic conundrum…
5. If society today was penalized, based on human ignorance, we would be the highest taxed of all time. We know very little, and care less.
6. Some were born with strategic minds, others with business, some with a keen sense of exploration & invention, and some with no talent at all, however human nature always trumps over all our other traits, the childlike mind keeps itself busy with thriftlessness when nothing keeps it focused, it tends to drift off.
7. Hindsight is an exact Science, foresight is a gift, strategy is an art, all mastered by very view…
8. Revolutionary ideas infused with strategy, breeds progeny seldom witnessed before. Supersonic flight was bred in this fashion, on the edge
9. Any self improvement process, that works, should involve a reality check, to see if we will like the new us. Nothing changed still fits perfectly…
10. Learning is supposed to evolve our genes; turn them on, and this made us smarter how? So with every generation we should be getting smarter and smarter: 200 000 yrs later we get? The smiley face – wow : 0)
11. We have been around for 200 000 years now: and still we can’t decide which came first: the chicken or the egg?
12. Intelligence has always been ascribed to the size of the brain in species; still size isn’t everything as we are still only able to use 10% of our brain?
13. In many instances, it’s not only the leader; it’s the followers of an ideology that are to blame for a lack of commitment to a total paradigm shift…
14. Strategist lead and direct by evoking critical thinking, they are not just methodical, they are critical, informed and guided by principle, the question then is which principles?
15. What we do today, we might have to live with tomorrow. It just proves that everything is truly connected, at some point, somewhere, somehow…it all connects and re-connects.
16. The very principles we follow and develop today, will determine if we will be here tomorrow to teach them…funny how that gives us very little assurance…
17. Stagnation; is the basic survival instincts of a primitive brain, we too, acting much as other animals, by just repeating a routine to get a reward, then we wonder why we don’t evolve?
18. An entrepreneur wants things to happen. An opportunist waits for things to happen. The strategist makes these things happen.
19. Strategy is a process by which a collective defines its intent to successfully achieve its fundamental purpose…
20. Entrepreneurial success is an orientation; towards personal, rationality, being calculating in exploiting personal advantages.
21. Most great plans today aren’t strategic. They are just very nice, well thought out deliberated and structured plans, or high-level ideas.
22. What gives us a greater degree of certainty, planning or spontaneity? The one without the other is like shoes without socks; it becomes messy after a while, and painful.
23. Business of any nature too day needs things to get into orbits and start its own continuum; this then requires clarity and certainty, therefore strategy…
24. Strategy ring-fenced by our business environments scope and vision, and bounded by personal limitations, causes strategic rot and it’s become endemic…
25. It’s how we add value that defines the borders of our scope and imagination too others, that ultimately illustrates our strategic brilliance.
26. If the speed of change is in step with our speed of progress; then should we miss a gear will we be out of synch.
27. Begin to recognize and realize today; that how we think is so much more important than what we think!
28. You can have the best concept ever! But, if poorly designed and executed, it’s ruined. Take care whom you trust with your dreams…
29. The speed of change; equals the amount of courage. Without courage we just won’t act. Then change comes and forces us to adapt or die.
30. The ultimate skill in working with strategy: is perception management. He who shapes perception shapes everyone’s reality…
31. Strategy performed without expecting chaos. Is like fishing and hoping not to get wet… Sometimes it happens sometimes not. You never know.
32. Cause and effect – should be taught at school. Before we think about teaching people about constitutional rights. Rights just don’t make it right…
33. Sensory observation delivers multiple results, and conflicting mental patterns. No wonder we sometimes don’t see it until it’s too late…
34. Total flexibility in principles of planning strategy: has become the norm rather than the exception. For good reason: we have become tribal, culture becomes the number one factor influence in planning…
35. Concepts: require at least 4 attributes, to be identifiable. Linking attributes to vision, delivers a better concept. People want to see it
36. Sanity is a notion we hold onto for dear life, so that others may accept us, based only on what they too believe to be a definition of sane to be, how sane is that?
37. He who walks alone: walks further faster. In order to get ahead and stay there, it is sometimes wise to just DIY, and ignore all the others…
38. The way the water flows during a storm is set, never directed by the rain or winds direction. Influences on strategy to follow these natural laws.
39. Passion! a gift known by very few…they are the predators, that realize that hunting has more benefits that being hunted. Fair-game or Lion?
40. Seeing is believing; but when seeing so little how can belief still be validated?
41. Knowledge is one thing, wisdom is many, be sure to know where to find that one thing that will open the door to many.
42. Effort amounts to nothing, if not focused, focus does nothing, if not clear, and with clarity….clarity in all things come only from wisdom.
43. Reality is just an illusion caused by stereotyped thinking: creating a perception of how all should; feel, think, be, and have to be…
44. Solving strategic conundrums requires obedience to strategic principles: first the OODA Loop: Observation, Orientation, Decision and Act.
45. Four basic principles, on which strategy resides, summarized in one word,” Power”. If you want power, study the “Warpath”, “Grand Strategy”, all aspects of “Influence” and then how “Leadership attributes” influence people to follow, and you will see the way…
46. This world is changing fast, and so should we. We can no longer rely only on one school of thought, when we require a matrix of knowledge
47. All strategy starts with when you get an idea, and then you have 2 choices: 1. Think on it then Act on it. Or 2. Think on it then Sit on it.
48. Management: when done right, is supposed to unite the strategic brilliance of men working together, by combining effort into strategy
49. Strategy becomes fuzzy, at the point where no one takes responsibility, and start pointing in different directions Then the wheels come off
50. Where there is a will there’s a way, but the thing with will is, it comes and goes willingly…
51. Acid test: The biggest challenge for leaders today is to manage without enough resources, and too produce without having sufficient capacity
52. Disasters happen in stages; first patterns emerge, that cause incidents, then accidents, then disaster. Develop a sense for things unusual.
53. Management has become somewhat of a fuzzy discipline. We need to get back to the basics; CCC; Command, Control and Communicate…
54. During times of change, paranoia sets in. The secret is, out of chaos comes order, the test is leadership’s ability in turning this tide…
55. Strategic limitations; are because of thinking, and not only what we think…all things connecting past, present and future, are required
56. Thinking about cause and effect is for free; what follows, or a total lack of it, this is normally where the real money is spent…or not.
57. War! Is not the place where you want to be finding out, that you were not “ready to be tested”. Strategy follows the same path.
58. A Paradigm is a way of thinking about something specific that is critical. The evaluation of specifics creates a current awareness and bias..
59. The very essence of “Revolutionary” ideas, have charted the course of history, from Newton to Picasso, from science to art. It’s at our core
60. Strategic excellence is not as much an art as what it is a journey of discovering new ways towards doing old things better.
61. Strategy requires Critical Thinking: critical thinking is concept thinking. Use thinking CAPS. C.oncepts, A.ttributes, P.erception, S.ystems
62. You can’t make inroads if you don’t leave a few footprints behind… And this requires taking that first step.
63. Ignorance boosts incompetence. And somehow, it’s this aspect that creates arrogance to surface in people. Beware the arrogant fools ignorance
64. Networks are like spider webs, if not there, we never get to see, and know the detail and nature of all the “creatures” in our environment.
65. The element if risk is always a given, how we choose to mitigate it, is optional.
66. Epistemology: the study of knowledge and its acquisition. Very few Succeed: knowledge is in all things not just in some: it requires wisdom.
67. The crucial task of leadership is to make sense of what really and truely matters…
68. Accepting things at face value: has defaced much of our value in the past, so too will it again in the future, if we keep excepting everything at face value!
69. Is it nature or nurture that provides a strategic mind? Or a competitive paradigm, exploiting its environment? Then It’s all human nature!
70. Nothing today is “new”, it’s just history repeated. Our origin and nature provides us no joy, its “secrets” that drive a chaotic existence.
71. We all value, the value of values: it is just that some seem to have value written all over and others don’t care enough to live with them.
72. He, who walks alone, walks further faster- certain things are just so much better, when done yourself. Friends and colleagues will slow you…
73. Passion without conviction is like truth without substance…
74. Most things in life worth doing or having starts with us, having to saying “YES” to it first.
Now – Read the book or Ebook; Read more in my new book Strategic Management, The Radical Revolutionary Strategic Management Matrix for Predators by Reinier Geel, now available at Trafford;http://www.trafford.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?Book=339320